OWC ThunderBay 4 RAID 4-Bay Storage Enclosure with Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports
ThunderBay 4, OWC's flagship 4-bay RAID ready powerhouse is bigger and faster than ever before. Now with the unbelievable performance of Thunderbolt 3 — up to 1527MB/s sustained performance— it's the ultimate workhorse external storage solution.
Not only faster, the new ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 is now natively compatible with both 2.5" and 3.5" drives, and with a redesigned chassis, it's even cooler and quieter too.
Designed with performance in mind and engineered to harness the power of Thunderbolt 3, ThunderBay 4 is an incredibly flexible external solution with the throughput to support multi-stream compressed 4K video and other bandwidth-intensive operations.
Highly configurable to perfectly match your performance needs. Use each drive independently, or in the RAID configuration of your choice for the optimal balance of performance and data-redundancy. Get the most out of your storage, take the brakes off your workflow, and do more with a ThunderBay 4.
Experience the most advanced software RAID available with the ThunderBay 4 RAID 5 Edition. Empower your workflow with up to 35% faster RAID 5 performance and exponentially faster rebuild times than comparable hardware RAID arrays.
Buyers note: RAID 4/5/1+0 (10) are currently Mac only. Only RAID 0 and RAID 1 are supported by Windows 10/PC.
- Dedicated DisplayPort 1.2 port
- Up to 1527MB/s sustained performance
- Works with 3.5" or 2.5" drives — no adapter needed
- User configurable in RAID 0, 1, 4, 5 & 1+0
- Ultra quiet, heat dissipating aluminum chassis
- Rigorously pre-tested with multi-hour burn-in
- Intelligent drive monitoring with desktop and email notifications
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- MacBookPro13,1 MacBookPro13,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.0 GHz, 2.4 GHz, 2.9 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz)
- MacBookPro14,1 MacBookPro14,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.3 GHz, 2.5 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.5 GHz)
- iMac20,1 iMac20,2
- Core i5, Core i7, Core i9
- (3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.8 GHz, 3.6 GHz, 3.8 GHz, 3.6 GHz)
- Software Requirements
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Windows 10 or later (Only Raid 1 and 0)
- Hardware Requirements
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 3 interface
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 interface
- Interface (Chipset)
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (Intel DSL6540)
- 1 x DisplayPort
- Max Transfer Rate
- Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gb/s (5000 MB/s)
- JBOD / RAID Support
- JBOD: Utilize each of the four drives independently
- RAID: Use the included SoftRAID software RAID to setup the ThunderBay 4 for RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, and 10
- Drives Supported
- 4 x 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s drives (or)
- 4 x 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s drives
- SATA revision 3.0 (6Gb/s) compliant
- Compatible with SATA revisions 2.0 (3Gb/s) and 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)
- Kensington Lock Slot
- Yes (Power and disk activity)
- Plug and Play
- Power Supply
- AC input: 100 - 230V
- Height: 7.0 in (177 mm)
- Width: 5.3 in (135 mm)
- Length: 9.6 in (245 mm)
- 3.9 kg (8.6 lbs)
What's in the box?
- OWC ThunderBay 4 high performance hard drive enclosure with Thunderbolt 3
- 2.0 meter (79 in) Thunderbolt 3 cable
- External power cable
- 2 Security Keys
- ThunderBay 4 Quick Start Guide
- SoftRAID XT
- SoftRAID XT Quick Start Guide
- 1 Year OWC Limited Warranty