OWC Thunderbolt Pro Dock
The best networking, media, and docking for pro video production and demanding data workflows.
High-Bandwidth and Flexibility for Demanding Hi-Res Needs
Pro-level docking stations should be ready to handle any situation that you encounter in a production workflow. The OWC Thunderbolt Pro Dock is your on-location and post-production “mission control” with an unrivalled combination of super-fast 10Gb/s Ethernet, CFexpress and SD card readers, two Thunderbolt ports, one USB-C port, and three USB-A ports.
With this unique productivity enhancing configuration, you can ingest RAW video and photo files at speeds up to 1630MB/s. Collaborate in a shared workflow environment via the 10Gb Ethernet port to keep your projects streaming from file setup to final renders with headroom to spare. View projects in greater detail with an 8K display or create a panoramic dual 4K display. Daisy chain up to five Thunderbolt devices. All while powering your laptop and managing the typical USB devices you need to get the job done.
Add Media Versatility to DIT Carts
When you’re on location, your cart needs the power of versatility. With conveniently accessible front-side CFexpress and SD 4.0 card readers, the Thunderbolt Pro Dock helps you manage multiple card uploads efficiently. It’s a huge asset when you’re covering live events like conferences, festivals, and concerts where you’re working with multiple videographers and photographers.
Calm and Connected
In addition to eliminating the on-set or in studio chaos of multiple connections, the Thunderbolt Pro Dock’s solid aluminium fan-less design lets you work in calm silence…even when transferring a huge file over a network.
Pro Audio Video AVB Ready
Time-sensitive data such as audio and video media streams require Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) ready gear. No sweat… you can stream vast volumes of high-quality data to multiple destinations in real-time with very low latency over existing network cable via the Thunderbolt Pro Dock’s 10Gb Ethernet port.
Small Footprint, Big Connections
Sized similarly to a single external drive enclosure, the Thunderbolt Pro Dock’s aluminium case helps keep cart weight streamlined while easily fitting into a cart drawer or small box during cart breakdown.
With two Thunderbolt 3 ports, the Thunderbolt Pro Dock offers incredible potential to connect multiple devices to take on the biggest projects. You can daisy-chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices to the Thunderbolt Pro Dock for studio-level storage, RAID arrays, eGPUs for graphics processing, or all of these combined and connected at 40Gb/s bandwidth.
Meet the challenges of any workflow with these Thunderbolt Pro Dock add ons:
- ThunderBlade: the ultimate on-site workflow drive
- ThunderBay: high-capacity RAID workstation
- OWC Express 4M2: compact, customisable 4-bay RAID array
- Envoy Pro FX: rugged and fast bus-powered portable SSD
- Mercury Pro U.2 Dual: blazing fast NVMe SSD array
Download the OWC guide to daisy-chaining to learn tips and tricks for the best connections.
Conquers Workflows and Combats Clutter
When you’re back in your office or studio, the Thunderbolt Pro Dock has the power and ports you need to manage your workflow and take control of your workspace. The Thunderbolt Pro Dock is compact, so you can comfortably manage your peripherals and keep your workspace free of clutter. Its 10Gb Ethernet connection keeps you connected at top speeds, and with 85W charging power, your notebook is charged up and ready to move.
The right ports, right where you need them
Our engineers evaluated thousands of possibilities in discovering the optimal port configuration for nearly any environment. With its 10 ports of connectivity thoughtfully placed, the Thunderbolt Pro Dock delivers convenience while keeping desktops clutter–free. The docking station's front is designed for the easy connection of your portable devices and media cards, while the rear features a multitude of ports for your static devices so cables stay out of sight.
- (1) USB-A 10Gb/s port
- (1) SD 4.0 card slot
- (1) CFexpress Type B card slot
- (2) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- (1) USB-C 10Gb/s port
- (2) USB-A 10Gb/s ports
- (1) DisplayPort 1.4
- (1) 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Safely Disconnect Drives with a Click
OWC Dock Ejector software safely disconnects multiple drives from the OWC Thunderbolt Pro Dock in a single click. Dock Ejector was designed by OWC hardware and software engineers to ensure all data is written before disconnection, saving time and protecting against data loss. It makes losing your hard-earned work a thing of the past.
- Fast & diverse: transfer files in a blink, daisy chain up to five Thunderbolt devices, use USB-C accessories, and add an HDMI display with two Thunderbolt (USB-C) ports
- Full throttle bandwidth: share and stream up to 90% faster with a 10Gb/s Ethernet port
- AVB ready: perfect for use in pro audio and video applications where synchronisation of data streams is critical
- Ingest content: easily handle multiple video and photo card uploads at up to 1630MB/s with CFexpress and SD card readers
- Full speed connectivity: use your devices and accessories at their max speed with one USB-C and three USB Type A 10Gb/s ports
- Add more view-space: connect two 4K displays or up to a single 8K display via Displayport 1.4
- Powerful: keep your notebook mobile use ready with 85W charging power
- Silent and secure: fan-less cooling and locking power connection for on-set use
- Thunderbolt certified for Mac and Windows
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- MacBookPro13,1 MacBookPro13,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.0 GHz, 2.4 GHz, 2.9 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz)
- MacBookPro14,1 MacBookPro14,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.3 GHz, 2.5 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.5 GHz)
- iMac20,1 iMac20,2
- Core i5, Core i7, Core i9
- (3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.8 GHz, 3.6 GHz, 3.8 GHz, 3.6 GHz)
- Mac OS Compatibility
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later
- PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2016
- Mobile OS Compatibility
- iPadOS 14
- iPadOS 15
- Other Requirements
- Requires macOS 10.13.6 or later.
- On a Mac, to enable high-power USB support for the Apple Super Drive, Apple USB Keyboard, and charging for iPad 1/2/3 generation devices, please install OWC Dock Ejector for Mac. This application includes a driver that enables support for these devices and charging functions.
- Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt compatibility requires a certified Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 (mDP) adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 cable. This configuration provides data transfer at Thunderbolt 2 speeds (up to 20Gb/s) but does not support notebook charging.
- In Windows 10, the driver for Ethernet functionality will be provided by the system when it detects this device. However, a new driver has been supplied which is not yet available in Windows and is available here. Please download the .zip file, open the archive, and then run the 64-bit or 32-bit MSI file appropriate for your version of Windows.
- Housing Colour
- Housing Material
- Security Slot
- Device Ports
- (2) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Ports
- (1) USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Port up to 10Gb/s (1250MB/s) - USB 2.0/3.0 backwards compatible
- (3) USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A Ports up to 10Gb/s (1250MB/s) - USB 2.0/3.0 backwards compatible
- (1) DisplayPort Port
- (1) 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) RJ-45 Port
- Memory Card Slots
- (1) CFast
- (1) Secure Digital (SD)
- Display Support
- Up to one 8K display @ 60Hz,
- or one 5K display @ 60Hz,
- or one 4K display @ 120Hz,
- or two 4K displays @ 60Hz
- RoHS Compliant
- CE, FCC, VCCI, BSMI, RCM, UKCA , IC, Thunderbolt
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
- AC input: 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- DC output: +12V, 15
- Wattage: 180 Watts
- External Power Adapter: Yes
- Power Delivery: (1) Thunderbolt 3 port with 85W, (1) Thunderbolt 3 port with 15W
- Physical Specifications
- H: 3.5 x W: 10.8 x L: 21.2 cm
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC Thunderbolt Pro Dock
- 1 x Thunderbolt Cable
- 1 x External Power Supply and Power Cable
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x OWC Dock Ejector for Mac and Windows (Software Download)
- 2 Year Limited Warranty