OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual
The Mercury Pro U.2 Dual is ready for you to install two NVMe U.2 SSDs, so you can edit high-res files on the fly, ingest and duplicate dailies without a hitch, rip through the tightest of timelines, and backup huge music and photo libraries in a flash. While it offers blazingly fast performance with massive storage capacity, this compact solution is small enough to easily fit on a DIT cart, in a rack, or on your desktop.
Nearly 6x Faster SSD Performance
NVMe U.2 SSD use began in the corporate and server market, where ROI is defined in nanoseconds and dependability is paramount. Now, the Mercury Pro U.2 Dual brings enterprise-level performance and reliability to your home or office. The NVMe SSDs utilise Thunderbolt’s full 2800MB/s of data bandwidth capability, so it functions nearly 6x faster than your typical SSD.
The Mercury Pro U.2 Dual easily handles any project backup and storage task you throw at it. Dual drive bays house NVMe U.2 SSDs, ready for the RAID level of your choice, to tackle nearly any data need imaginable. From personal videos to major motion pictures, from photo shoots to file backups... the Mercury Pro U.2 Dual gives you necessary the capacity and horsepower get the job done.
More Powerful With SoftRAID
Need more power and protection? Choose a solution that includes OWC's powerful SoftRAID RAID software.
SoftRAID is the most powerful, intuitive software RAID utility on the market. Multiple RAID levels let you select the RAID level that fits you or your project’s needs best. If you need maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection, or a combination of attributes, SoftRAID has you covered.
Packed with features like drive validation, verification and failure prediction—SoftRAID includes features you simply don’t get with hardware RAID. It’s like having a datacenter on your desktop! From home users looking to protect photos and documents to professionals needing to protect and quickly access projects, SoftRAID is the perfect solution.
Ready to Work Anywhere
The Mercury Pro U.2 Dual can be taken wherever you need a compact yet super-fast massive capacity storage solution. At 147 x 239 x 85 mm and weighing just 1800 grams with drives, the Mercury Pro U.2 Dual can travel anywhere your workflow takes you. It connects to Thunderbolt Macs and PCs and can work cross-platform using OWC's MacDrive 10 Pro software (sold separately).
Your Digital Life…Protected for FREE
Backing up and protecting your data is critically important. But all too often it’s a task that falls to the bottom of the “to do” list, and you don’t realise it until it is too late. That’s why OWC has partnered with Acronis to give you 1 full year of the #1 personal backup and antivirus software to integrate into your workflow.
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office safeguards you from today’s data threats—from accidents to failures to attacks. With easy, intuitive backup and Ai-enhanced antimalware technology, your digital life is protected—photos, files, applications, systems, and the devices they are on.
- Blazing fast: utilise Thunderbolt’s full 2800MB/s data bandwidth
- Additional connectivity: second Thunderbolt USB-C port lets you add up to five Thunderbolt devices, or your choice of a USB-C or DisplayPort device
- Easy drive monitoring: front panel activity LEDs offer instant status update
- Compatible with Mac and Windows computers
The Mercury Pro U.2 Dual is powered by up to eight NVMe SSDs, so you can edit high-res files on the fly, ingest and duplicate dailies without a hitch, rip through the tightest of timelines, and backup huge music and photo libraries in a flash.
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- MacBookPro13,1 MacBookPro13,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.0 GHz, 2.4 GHz, 2.9 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz)
- MacBookPro14,1 MacBookPro14,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.3 GHz, 2.5 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.5 GHz)
- iMac20,1 iMac20,2
- Core i5, Core i7, Core i9
- (3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.8 GHz, 3.6 GHz, 3.8 GHz, 3.6 GHz)
- Mechanisms Supported
- 3.5-inch U.2 SSDs
- 2.5-inch U.2 SSDs
- NVMe M.2 SSDs via 2.5 or 3.5 inch U.2 adapter
- Total Capacity
- Display Support
- Up to one 5K display @ 60Hz
- or one 4K display @ 60Hz
- or one 4K display @ 30Hz
- Display Support by Port
- Thunderbolt 3: up to 5K @ 60Hz via a native Thunderbolt 3 display or 4K @ 60Hz via a Thunderbolt display or a USB-C display adapter
- Independent volumes bootable in macOS
- Thunderbolt 3: intel JHL6540
- BSMI, CE, FCC, RCM, VCCI
- Data Transfer Rate
- Thunderbolt 3 : up to 40 Gb/s (or 5000 MB/s)
- RAID Features
- Software RAID
- Mac OS Compatibility
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 11.x Big Sur
- macOS 12.x Monterey
- PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10 64-bit edition
- Windows Server 2016
- Other Requirements
- Requires 2.5 or 3.5 inch NVMe U.2 SSDs or U.2 adapters using the same form factors
- Host Port Requirements
- Thunderbolt 3 or later
- Driver Required
- Power Supply
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
- AC Input
- 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 2.0A
- DC Output
- +12V, 10A
- External Power Adapter
- Power Delivery
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 ports (15W each)
- Number of Bays
- Device Ports
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- 1 x 60mm 3,000RPM cooling fan
- Security Slot
- H: 147 x L: 239 x W: 85 mm
- 1500 g
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual Enclosure
- 1 x External Power Supply and Power Cable
- 1 x Thunderbolt Cable
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (1 Year Subscription)
- 1 Year Limited Warranty