OWC Aura N2 480GB NVMe SSD Upgrade Solution for Select 2013 and Later Macs
OWC Aura N2 480GB SSD for select 2013 and later Macs
After years of good, hard work, storage on your Mac is getting tight and load times and data transfers lag. You've invested years of gear, programs and customisations and it's not the time to switch. Upgrade with OWC Aura N2 to make your Mac fast and more spacious than ever — for a fraction of the cost of a new model — and keep everything else just the way you like it.
Stretch Out and Run
Aura N expands your Mac with up to 1TB of storage space, so you can add to your media, games, and apps without picking favourites. It's advanced NVMe technology revives read speeds up to 2200MB/s write speeds up to 925MB/s, giving your Mac the power to run like new again.
Sprints and Marathons
Combine speed and stamina to prepare your Mac for the short race and the long haul. Engineered with advanced SLC caching, this SSD provides incredible burst performance for a faster and more responsive experience. Plus, the extra storage and speed can increase the working life of your Mac by years.
Right-Sized for Work and Play
The smaller stock SSDs for Mac can fill up quickly, especially with photo and video files, games, or even your email. Aura N2 SSDs are available in capacities up to 1TB, giving you more space to work and play. Newly calibrated to use less power and run cooler, Aura N is the best way to upgrade your PCIe equipped Mac.
No Hassles or Hacks Compatibility
Aura N2 SSD upgrades are precisely engineered for your Mac laptop, so you'll never need to compromise your data by relying on complicated software hacks or TRIM-enablers to get the most from your upgrade. Just install, migrate your data, and enjoy the great performance of flash storage with up to 8 times the capacity of the original drive.
- Extra space: add 480GB capacity
- Read speeds up to 2200MB/s
- Write speeds up to 952MB/s
- Consumes less power and runs cooler than earlier models
- Designed for macOS 10.12 and beyond
- NVMe – PCIe 3.1 x2
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- Silicon Motion SM2263XT with 7% over-provisioning
- Synchronous Quad-Level Cell (QLC) 3D NAND Flash
- Form Factor
- Custom Blade
- PCIe 3.1 x2, NVMe 1.2
- 480GB useable capacity
- Total Flash Memory Components: 512GB
- 32 GB Allocated to real-time data redundancy and error correction
- Formatted Capacity
- SMART Attributes
- Native Command Queuing
- up to 32 commands
- Host Requirements
- Must upgrade to macOS 10.13 or later, prior to installation
- RoHS Compliant
- H: 1.8mm x W: 24mm x L: 89mm
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)
- TRIM Support
- OS Dependent
- Performance (Compressible Data)
- Sequential Reads (max) up to 2200MB/s
- Sequential Writes (max) up to 952MB/s
What's in the box?
- 1 x 480GB Aura N2 SSD
- 3 Year Limited Warranty