OWC U2 ShuttleOne
The OWC U2 ShuttleOne brings U.2 SSD performance and capacity to the mainstream with an affordable U.2 SSD perfect for performance enthusiasts, IT admins, M&E pros, gamers, and more. Whether you have a U.2 bay equipped server, workstation, gaming rig, or external drive; the OWC U2 ShuttleOne SSD gives you access to a new world of storage possibilities.
Full Metal for Full Reliability
Every time you handle the OWC U2 ShuttleOne SSD, you’ll be pleased you bought the best quality U.2 SSD available. Its full metal housing solidly protects your drive and data, while providing cooling that’s superior to drives made with other materials or thinner metal. Don’t settle for a lesser solution that will result in throttling your drive’s speed just to keep the heat down... the OWC U2 ShuttleOne SSD was specifically designed to deliver complete drive reliability.
U.2 Flexibility from the U.2 Leader
The OWC U2 ShuttleOne gives you the flexibility to retask an existing NVMe M.2 drive after an upgrade or use a new drive with higher storage capacity. As the leader in U.2 storage, OWC offers the broadest choice of use options For All Computerkind...
- Gamers: Change out game load drives quickly while keeping an extra heat source from resting directly on your motherboard by installing the U2 ShuttleOne SSD in an open U.2 2.5-inch bay or connected to a U.2 port on the motherboard with a U.2 power/data cable.
- IT Admins: Boost your bottom line and lower your server room or data centre TCO by using the affordable ShuttleOne NVMe U.2 SSD with its thermally efficient design.
- Performance Enthusiasts/System Builders: Add blazing fast and highly affordable storage to your computer's U.2 equipped bay. If you're building a system and it has a U.2 port on the motherboard, you can create a U.2 enabled drive bay with a U.2 power/data cable.
- Archiving/Backup: With the affordability of the U2 ShuttleOne SSD, you can create fast access storage archives for individual clients or large projects as well as off-site data backups.
- Capture: Record it all faster, easier, and more affordably with U.2 capable digital capture systems. Now you can use a single drive without any special card reader needed and get faster performance, more capacity, and a superior cost per GB ratio vs digital media cards.
- Ingest, Duplicate, and Ship to Post Workflow: Dramatically lower ingest time and cost with a single high-performance drive. Shipping costs to post-production are also significantly reduced when you utilise a U.2 bay equipped PC or OWC solution on both ends of the workflow.
- Flexible: ready for a variety of uses
- Beyond fast: speed tested up to 3,400MB/s
- Broad compatibility: use in 2.5-inch U.2 bays and in OWC ThunderBay Flex 8, Mercury Pro U.2 Dual, and Mercury Helios 3S with U.2 NVMe interchange system
- Optimum cooling: full metal housing keeps drive running cool and throttle-free
In this video, we show you how to install an NVMe M.2 SSD in the OWC U2 ShuttleOne.
- Standard Mechanism
- 1 x 8.0TB OWC Aura P12 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
- 8000GB useable capacity
- Total flash memory components: 8192GB
- 192GB allocated to real-time data redundancy and error correction
- Formatted Capacity
- 7451 GiB
- Storage Interface
- PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3
- Phison E12S with 3% over-provisioning
- NAND Flash Components
- Synchronous quad-level cell (QLC) 3D NAND flash
- S.M.A.R.T. Attributes
- Standard attributes supported
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Up to 32 simultaneous commands
- RAID Support
- RoHS Compliant
- Random 4K Read
- Up to 570,000 IOPS
- Random 4K Write
- Up to 660,000 IOPS
- Sequential Read (Max)
- Up to 3400 MB/s
- Sequential Write (Max)
- Up to 3000 MB/s
- Nonrecoverable Read Errors
- 1 per 1016 bits read
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)
- 1,800,000 hours
- TRIM Support
- OS Dependent
- TCG Pyrite
- 1810TB total bytes written (TBW), equal to 709 GB per day for 7 years
- Mac OS Compatibility
- Varies by host device
- PC OS Compatibility
- Varies by host device
- Other Requirements
- Requires a NVMe (PCIe) enabled U.2 backplane/connector on a host system or enclosure such as the OWC ThunderBay Flex 8 (top 4 bays only, top-left recommended), the OWC Mercury Helios 3S with U.2 NVMe interchange system, or the OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual
- Write Mode (Max)
- Up to 6.5 Watts
- Seek Mode (Max)
- Up to 5.6 Watts
- Drive Bays
- 1 bay supporting: M.2 drives
- Supports NVMe M.2 2230, 2242, 2260, and 2280 "M Key" SSDs
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC U2 ShuttleOne
- 5 Year Limited Warranty