OWC Jupiter Mini
Simple. Powerful. Complete. High-performance 10GbE desktop NAS with industry leading reliability and support built for small business and workgroups.
With five drive bays, 2 x 10Gb + 2 x 1Gb Ethernet ports, and included support, OWC Jupiter Mini is the perfect desktop-sized NAS for a secure and centralised powerhouse for file sharing in small business, remote work, education, research and creative content. OWC Jupiter Mini continues OWC’s commitment to putting the control of data into your hands in a unique desktop Network Attached Storage (NAS) solution. Now your business can share files without needing the space a traditional NAS device requires or without needing to invest in costly rack mounted gear. You also won’t have to source components from different vendors or pay exorbitant support fees. Jupiter Mini is a time and money-saving one-source enterprise grade storage solution backed by an unmatched level of pre- and post-sale support that OWC’s reputation has been built upon.
Faster Networking, Instant Access
Jupiter Mini’s 2X 10GbE and 2X 1GbE Ethernet ports enable ultra-fast access to files across your team. You can connect users directly to the Mini’s Ethernet ports, add a switch for supporting larger workgroups or a wireless access point to enable wireless access.
The Jupiter Mini also includes networking features usually exclusive to Enterprise environments. The Ethernet ports can use subnets to act as virtual fences that separate different parts of your network (each subnet can have its own security measures). Or you can opt to combine the speeds of the ports on the Jupiter Mini with port bonding, providing a single high-bandwidth connection.
Easy-To-Use, Even Without IT
OWC built Jupiter Mini to operate with minimal oversight that doesn’t require 20-year IT background. After a quick initial setup, Jupiter Mini operates in the background with no babysitting by you.
Jupiter Mini is pre-loaded with TrueNAS, the #1 open-source NAS OS that automatically protects and mirrors your data. TrueNAS is open source, meaning that it constantly receives security patches, feature updates, and has been refined to be as easy-to-use as possible. The TrueNAS dashboard can be accessed from any user’s MacOS, Windows, Linux, UNIX, iOS, and Android device.
Data that is Shared, and Protected
Jupiter Mini utilises an Enterprise-grade file system called ZFS RAID. ZFS RAID is a modern file system that goes beyond typical storage redundancy. ZFS routinely collects data on your hard drive status, records snapshots, and has built-in parity protection. Even in the case of a drive failure, ZFS keeps your file data available. Upon replacement of the failed drive, the system will repopulate the data that was on the original failed drive keeping your data available and your operation running smoothly.
- High-performance: fast networking with 2 x 10Gb + 2 x 1Gb Ethernet ports for fast access to files
- Reliable: enterprise-class file system that automatically ensures your files are safe, even in the case off drive failure
- Ready for scale: connect to 50+ users without slowdowns thanks to Enterprise-grade Intel Xeon processor and 32GB of ECC DRAM
- User-friendly: #1 Enterprise-grade NAS operating system pre-installed, compatible with Mac/PC/Linux
Jupiter Mini’s high-performance and stability promotes a seamless file sharing experience for creative media teams.
- File System Support
- ZFS, UFS, FAT, NTFS, EXT2
- 32GB ECC RDIMM DDR4 2666MHz
- Expandable to 64GB
- Intel Xeon D-1518, 2.20GHz, 4-core (8-thread), 6MB cache
- Protocol Support
- CIFS/SMB, iSCSI, NFS, SFTP/TFTP, WebDAV
- Drive Bays
- 5 bays supporting: 3.5-inch SATA drives
- Total Capacity
- Total Solution Cache Size
- 2560 MB
- Standard Mechanism
- 5 x 16.0TB Toshiba MG08 Series 7,200RPM Enterprise Class Hard Disk Drive with 512 MB cache
- TrueNAS SCALE
- Rotational Speed
- Drive Interface
- SATA 6.0Gb/s
- RAID Capable
- Default RAID Level
- RAID Levels Supported
- ZFS Stripe (RAID-Z0), ZFS Mirror, RAID-Z1, RAID-Z2, RAID-Z3
- Expansion Slots
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 physical, full-height, half-length, single-width (for storage expansion via optional 12Gb/s SAS PCIe HBA)
- Device Ports
- 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) RJ-45 ports
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) RJ-45 ports
- 1 x VGA port
- Additional Ports
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) RJ-45 port IPMI port
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports for keyboard/mouse input, OS update
- 2 x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- Supports DHCP and Static IP
- Supports Dynamic DNS
- Supports Failover and Link Aggregation
- Internet Protocol Support
- IPv4, IPv6
- Mac OS Compatibility
- PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10 32-bit Edition
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Other OS Compatibility
- Chrome OS
- H: 226 x L: 324 x W: 221 mm
- 15.8 kg
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC Jupiter Mini
- 1 x Power Cable
- 2 x Security Keys for Drive Bay Lock
- 3 Year Limited Warranty