72TB ThunderBay 4 RAID5 Edition with dual Thunderbolt 3 ports and softRAID
Not only faster, the new ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 is now natively compatible with both 2.5" and 3.5" drives, and with a redesigned chassis, it's even cooler and quieter too.
Harness The Power Of Thunderbolt 3
Designed with performance in mind and engineered to harness the power of Thunderbolt 3, ThunderBay 4 is an incredibly flexible external solution with the throughput to support multi-stream compressed 4K video and other bandwidth-intensive operations.
Get The Most Out Of Your Storage
ThunderBay 4 is highly configurable to perfectly match your performance needs. Choose between traditional hard drives or Solid State Drives. Use each drive independently, or in the RAID configuration of your choice for the optimal balance of performance and data-redundancy. Get the most out of your storage, take the brakes off your workflow, and do more with a ThunderBay 4.
Includes SoftRAID XT: Easy and Complete Drive Management
SoftRAID XT is the most powerful, intuitive software RAID utility on the market. Multiple RAID levels let you select the RAID level that fits you or your project’s needs best. If you need maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection, or a combination of attributes, SoftRAID has you covered.
Packed with features like drive validation, verification and failure prediction—SoftRAID includes features you simply don’t get with hardware RAID. It’s like having a datacenter on your desktop! From home users looking to protect photos and documents to professionals needing to protect and quickly access projects, SoftRAID is the perfect solution.
Buyers note: RAID 4/5/1+0 (10) are currently Mac only. Only RAID 0 and RAID 1 are supported by Windows 10/PC.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Dedicated DisplayPort 1.2 port
- Up to 1527MB/s sustained performance
- Works with 3.5" or 2.5" drives — no adapter needed
- User configurable in RAID 0, 1, 4, 5 & 1+0
- Ultra quiet, heat dissipating aluminum chassis
- Rigorously pre-tested with multi-hour burn-in
- Intelligent drive monitoring with desktop and email notifications
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- MacBookPro13,1 MacBookPro13,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.0 GHz, 2.4 GHz, 2.9 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz)
- MacBookPro14,1 MacBookPro14,2
- Core i5, Core i7
- (2.3 GHz, 2.5 GHz, 3.1 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.5 GHz)
- Software Requirements
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Windows 10 or later (Only Raid 1 and 0)
- Hardware Requirements
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 3 interface
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 interface
- Interface (Chipset)
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (Intel DSL6540)
- 1 x DisplayPort
- Max Transfer Rate
- Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gb/s (5000 MB/s)
- JBOD / RAID Support
- JBOD: Utilise each of the four drives independently
- RAID: Use the included SoftRAID software RAID to setup the ThunderBay 4 for RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, and 10
- Initial Configuration
- RAID 5
- Standard Mechanism
- 4 x 18.0TB Western Digital Ultrastar
- Read: Up to 1527MB/s
- Kensington Lock Slot
- Yes (Power and disk activity)
- Plug and Play
- Power Supply
- AC input: 100 - 230V
- Height: 7.0 in (177 mm)
- Width: 5.3 in (135 mm)
- Length: 9.6 in (245 mm)
- 5.7 kg (12.6 lbs)
What's in the box?
- OWC ThunderBay 4 high performance storage solution with Thunderbolt 3
- 2.0 meter (79 in) Thunderbolt 3 cable
- External power cable
- 2 Security Keys
- ThunderBay 4 Quick Start Guide
- SoftRAID Quick Start Guide
- Complimentary 1 Year Level 1 Data Recovery Service
- 3 Year Limited Warranty