The complete solution for your 2011 iMac
Experience the extreme performance of an OWC SSD upgrade with this easy DIY SSD and hard drive replacement kit. Add an SSD to your hard drive equipped iMac to experience faster booting, near instant application launches and lightning fast data transfer speeds.
Fast and reliable solid-state storage
Delivering the latest in flash NAND and controller technology, utilising SLC and 3D NAND for long-lasting, power-efficient performance, the OWC Mercury 6G SSD line offers a powerful combination of performance and reliability for demanding everyday computer users.
Upgrade Your iMac with Confidence.
OWC's in-line solution is the only hardware digital thermal sensor on the market allowing a third-party SATA drive to be installed in your iMac. A convenient, plug-and-play cable, the In-line Digital Thermal Sensor eliminates fan noise and maintains proper system fan control through the iMac's System Management Controller. This innovative device is designed specifically for the iMac, requires no software hacks and ensures compatibility with Apple's built-in diagnostic processes.
Maintains highest performance while offering ultimate convenience
The NewerTech AdaptaDrive has been benchmark test proven to deliver the same data transfer rates as is experienced when a drive is connected directly to the SATA data bus. The AdaptaDrive doesn't create a bottleneck or any performance throttling...it delivers pure data pass-through performance and drive use convenience from any 2.5" SATA 1.5Gb/s, 3Gb/s, or 6Gb/s hard drive or SSD.
- Add a high-performance OWC 6G SSD to your iMac
- No software hacks required
- Backed by free DIY install videos and expert support
- MERCURY ELECTRA 6G SSD
- Silicon Motion SM2259XT with 3% over-provisioning
- NAND Flash Components
- Synchronous Triple-Level Cell (TLC) 3D NAND Flash
- Form Factor
- Standard 7mm 2.5"
- SATA 6.0 Gb/s
- RAID Support
- SMART Attributes
- Native Command Queuing
- Up to 32 simultaneous commands
- RoHS Compliant
- Mac OS & PC OS Compatible
- Other Requirements
- Requires a Mac, PC, or drive enclosure with an available SATA drive bay. SATA III (6.0 Gb/s) required for best performance.
- Sequential Read (Max)
- Sequential Write (Max)
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)
- 1,500,000 hours
- ATA Security Feature Command Set and Password Login Support
- TRIM Support
- OS Dependent
- H: 7mm x W: 70mm x L: 100mm
- Drive Inteface
- Fully SATA Revision 3.0 (6Gb/s) compatible
- SATA Revision 2.0 (3Gb/s) and 1.0 (1.5Gb/s) compatible
- Drive Supported
- (1) 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s drive
- Black painted Aluminium
- H: 1 cm X W: 10.2 cm X L: 14.7 cm
- Weight (Without Drives)
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC Electra 6G SSD
- 1 x AdaptaDrive 2.5" to 3.5" Drive Converter Bracket
- 1 x OWC In-line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable
- 2 x OWC 2-1/4" Suction Cup
- 1 x Torx T10 driver
- 1 x Torx T8 driver
- 1 x Nylon Pry Tool (Spudger)
- 1 x OWC Blue Microfiber Screen Cleaning Cloth
- SSD: 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Thermal Sensor: 1 Year Limited Warranty
- AdaptaDrive: 5 Year Limited Warranty