OWC 1TB Mercury Extreme 2.5" SSD & NewerTech AdaptaDrive 3.5” Drive Bay Adapter Bundle Kit
Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD and AdaptaDrive Kit
Experience the Extreme performance of an OWC SSD upgrade with this easy DIY AdaptaDrive and Mercury Extreme Pro Kit. AdaptaDrive enables you to install the high-speed Mercury SSD in an available 3.5" SATA drive bay in moments, delivering blistering transfer speeds and outstanding reliability.
Fast and reliable solid-state storage
With sustained reads up to 559MB/s and writes up to 527MB/s, up to 100X greater data protection than enterprise class Hard Disk Drives, and RAISE technology for RAID like data protection and reliability, the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance, that's backed by a 5 year OWC SSD Limited Warranty.
Unlike traditional hard disk drives, OWC SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, and highly rugged storage solution that also offers near instantaneous system response.
Maintains highest performance while offering ultimate convenience
The NewerTech AdaptaDrive has been benchmark test proven to deliver the same data transfer rates as is experienced when a drive is connected directly to the SATA data bus. The AdaptaDrive doesn't create a bottleneck or any performance throttling...it delivers pure data pass-through performance and drive use convenience from any 2.5" SATA 1.5Gb/s, 6Gb/s, or 6Gb/s hard drive or SSD.
- Compatible with any 2.5" SATA hard drive or Solid State drive
- Use anywhere you would install a 3.5" SATA drive
- Includes compatibility with backplane trays such as those found in Apple Mac Pro models
- Fully SATA 3.0 Revision (6Gb/s) compatible
- Backward compatible with SATA 2.0 Revision (3Gb/s) and 1.0 Revision (1.5Gb/s) drives
- Open design allows for full air flow for proper drive cooling
OWC's step-by-step video of how to install a drive in a NewerTech AdaptaDrive.
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
- 960GB useable capacity
- Silicon Motion SM2246EN processor
- NAND Flash Components
- Tier 1 Asynchronous MLC NAND Flash
- SATA Revision 3.0 (6Gb/s) compliant
- Supports SATA Revision 2.0 (6Gb/s) and 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)
- RAID Support
- RAID 0/1/10/0+1 and SPAN
- Trim Support
- OS dependent
- SMART Attributes
- Physical Dimensions
- H: 7 mm W: 70.1 mm L: 100.1 mm
- AdaptaDrive Kit
- Drive Interface
- Fully SATA Revision 3.0 (6Gb/s) compatible
- SATA Revision 2.0 (3Gb/s) and 1.0 (1.5Gb/s) compatible
- Drive Supported
- 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s drive
- Physical Dimensions
- H: 1 cm W: 10.2 cm L: 14.7 cm
What's in the box?
- 1 x 1TB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
- 1 x AdaptaDrive 2.5" to 3.5" Drive Converter Bracket
- 4 x 2.5" drive to bracket mounting screws
- 4 x Bracket to 3.5" drive bay mounting screws
- 1 x AdaptaDrive Assembly Manual & User Guide
- SSD: 3 Year Limited Warranty
- AdaptaDrive: 5 Year Limited Warranty